Start A Project

Extending? Are you in a Flood Risk Zone?

Flooding is a big issue to the country and to your extension. The Environmental Agency has maps showing where flooding is likely to occur.

How does this affect my extension? 

If your extension is in a high risk flood area then your local council can ask for expensive information.


If you are extending in a flood risk zone in Harrow, your extension could cost an extra £1500

So Harrow for example will request a flood risk assessment. It can cost anything from £800 to £1500 plus VAT.

How do you know if you in a flood risk zone? 

Use this UK Government link

How can you avoid this?

1. Use permitted development, to avoid the planning process 

2. Check with your local council what their policy is

Not all councils are like Harrow. So some take a more pragmatic approach.

FREE GUIDE: Category: Planning Permission
FREE: Complete Guide to Planning Permission for Homeowners

Inside this easy to read free guide, we will teach you the key things you need to know about planning permission.


Thinking of your dream home improvement or how to start your project? 
Need your planning questions answered? Talk to an expert today.
Book a FREE 20 Minute Call with one of our home improvement Architects.

Connect with Yoop Architects...

Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Post Author: yoopadmin

Leave a Reply